WEEK9: 3D Equalizer

This exercise gave me a clearer understanding of the production process of 3DE. Although there are many errors that cannot be solved in the process.There are many software problems in the import and export of 3DE, Maya, and nuke. The same operation process, but cannot continue.

The following is the process of 3DE practice, which can be convenient to check at any time when I forget the process in the future.

Footage import

In the stage of importing files, I encountered the problem of the screen being completely black. At first, I thought the import failed. Therefore, I tried to re-download the footage and re-import  again and again.The problem is still not resolved.

Later, when I adjusted the gamma, I found that the picture began to have color. It turns out that the main reason for this phenomenon is the numerical error of gamma and Black/white.

The last step is to save the file, and Export Buffer Compression.

Capture camera

At this stage, we have to create as many points as possible. Including foreground, mid-range and distant view.As shown in the figure, it can be clearly found. These points cannot confirm the position of the camera. Because there is still a lack of ground capture.

As shown in the figure above, this is a capture of all the background. Subsequently, the position relationship between the camera and the scene must be calculated.

As shown, the background capture is completed.

Adjusting the details of the camera

The specific process can be divided into 2 steps: adjusting focal length and distortion.

First, adjusting the focal length from fixed to adjust of the camera.

Then open parameter Adjustment and click Adaptive all and adjust in turn.And recalculate the camera.

After completing the calculation of focal length, I started to adjust the distortion. The specific operation is as follows:

First open the button as shown above.

After that, I opened the parameter Adjustment again, and clicked “brute force all” and “adjust” in turn. Recalculate the camera after the adjustment is completed.

The last step: firstly opening the button as shown below.

Opening the parameter Adjustment, and clicking adjust directly. This process takes a lot of time.

In short, the camera must be recalculated after every adjustment. Because the main purpose of this process is to make camera data more accurate.

Capture body

Before creating points, we have to create a new group for body.

For capturing the body, I created a total of 9 points. Around the two shoulders.

Import and export

Then export a character model from Maya.

After importing 3DE, open the second window. This can facilitate the position adjustment of the character. In this process, you must cancel Model contains Survey Data. Otherwise, the position of the character will change. Secondly, when adjusting the position of the model, the playback time must be returned to the first frame.

Then export the Mayal_mel file and render the footage separately.

The process of importing Maya and Nuke is always painful, because some functions are not open due to the limitation of the software version. Secondly. There will always be some errors. For example, as shown in the figure above, an error occurs in the movement of footage images and points. Off track. There is still no good solution.

This entry was posted in 3D computer foundamentals. Bookmark the permalink.