Week3:Level 1- 2D concept

As the artist of the project, I am also responsible for the 2D concept design of the project, including level design concept and object design. Before that, I didn’t have relevant experience and didn’t know where to start. Thanks to the relevant knowledge provided by team member Chris who is responsible for coding and game design, I have a more systematic understanding of the game production process.

Reference of level design

I can get some information from the reference. Including staring point, recover point, destination, position of boss, etc. Therefore, at least this information should be included in my level 2D concept.

In addition, level design also includes some level details, that is, how players overcome obstacles.

2D concept level

This level is designed with a game scene with the ocean as the background. The top view looks like a fish. Including staring point, recover point, destination, position of boss, position of resources, dark area, position of trigger and other information, and plan the player’s path forward.

The picture above is my description of some details in level designe. The pictures of 1-6 have been marked with corresponding positions in the top view.

• In pictures 1 and 4, the main obstacle of the character is the underground heat wave, which will affect the player’s direction.
  • Figure 3 is a detailed introduction to the vertical direction of the level scene.
  • Figure 2, Figure 5 and Figure 6 mainly collect light sources through the character to trigger the mechanism.

The above picture is a sandbox version of the scene, which allows you to understand the map more intuitively and clearly. At the same time, this process is also conducive to unifying the team’s game screen production direction.

This entry was posted in Collaboration. Bookmark the permalink.