Week8:Unwrapping and Texturing for car and rock

In the eighth week of work, my main task is Unwarping and Texturing in Rizom UV and Substance painter. Before Unwarping for car, the most important process was to divide shaders.

Car

As shown in the picture, I divided the car into 8 parts, namely 8 UVs.

After Unwarping is over, it is the Texturing phase. As shown in the picture is my production process in substance painter. The rendering effect of Vray is as follows:

Finally rendering in MAYA,testing maps .

Rocks

Unwarping in RizomUV

Make lighting UV in MAYA

Since my game project requires lighting and baking, lightingUV is essential. Although the second set of UVs is automatically generated when the model is imported into Unreal, such UVs are sometimes not easy to use.

You can copy a new UV at the position shown in the figure, and scale the UV slightly to make the two UVs slightly different.

Texturing in substance painter

Since the model is low poly, we need to get high poly Normal and AO in Zbrush. If this is not the case, the visual effect of high polygon will not be obtained.

However, due to the modification of the model, the problem as shown in the figure will be encountered.

Fixing the normal map in photoshop

Then texturing in Substance painter

This entry was posted in Collaboration. Bookmark the permalink.