WEEK8: Team Project

This week I mainly made the scene of the forest in the storyboard. In this process, I studied the production of flame special effects in unreal.

First of all, I found some scene composition and lighting pictures on Pinterest.

And I roughly drew a 2D concept in PS.

Resources

In terms of assets, I mainly used the number of resources in the scene, the grass resources in the Bridge, the land textures I made in the mixer, and the fire special effects I made.

Processing

First of all, I introduce the production process of some flame special effects:

There are three materials for flame effects: flame, spark and smoke, which correspond to the three pictures above.

As shown in the figure: from left to right and top to bottom is a process of making flame special effects.

The first is to draw terrain and assign terrain materials.

Then simply adjust the following Height fog and draw vegetation. When drawing vegetation, we should pay attention to whether the vegetation blocks too many light sources.

Supplement the scene, add rain special effects and light adjustments.

My last step is to modify the details in the foreground and add a flame material on top of the car model.

This entry was posted in Term3_individual and team projects. Bookmark the permalink.