WEEK5: Team Project

This week I completed a huge challenge: I made the first doomsday style CG scene.In the process, I became familiar with the lighting layout of the scene in this style.

The first is Sean’s church model. The model mainly made the part of the door and the broken roof. Very nice. Thank you Sean for providing me with such an excellent model. But there are some problems with the model’s UV.

After the modification, I used the Bridge material. Get the effect shown in the figure below.

This looks very cool. Thank you Sean again.

Texturing in Mixer

I did not find a suitable wet floor material in Bridge. So I made a new ground texture in Mixer.

As shown in the figure, I have made three ground materials, in which three materials can be drawn and superimposed in unreal by vertex colors.

Reference

We usually need a lot of references when making scenes. Because no matter how many times we have done it, we can’t just rely on experience and imagination for the details of the scene.

As shown in the picture: the color and composition of the first picture I will refer to. The reference for the second picture is the performance and composition of the church.

Resources

The above picture is the resource I used in this scene production.

Build the Scene in Unreal

First confirm the positional relationship between the character, the camera and the church.

Then assign the ground material made in Mixer to the ground.

Adjusting the focus of the camera.

Adding plants and Cthulhu model.

The light adjustment in this step is very important. The light source at this angle can get good ground reflection. This light direction is perfect for wet ground.

Then add volumetric fog, raindrop particles, and adjustments to the scene details.

The last step is the adjustment of the lights and the adjustment of PostProcessVolume. The role of PostProcessVolume is very important. We can adjust the hue, AO and some details of the lens through this function.

This entry was posted in Term3_individual and team projects. Bookmark the permalink.